Start Date: Immediate
Location: Calgary (on-site)
Department: Research and Development
Employment Type: One (1) Year Contract Position – 35-40 hours per week
Conductive Energy Inc. is a lithium extraction and refining technology company. We leverage our technical capacity to co-develop and produce battery metals from brine resources. We are currently deploying our technology on multiple lithium resources across North America.
Our Core Values
Outstanding people – Cultivate staff that contribute to our growth and excellence in technology, engineering, and operations.
Technology leadership – means continuous improvement to always have the best technology, and marketing to make sure the world knows it.
Safety & Environment – Our products, processes and material handling put environment and occupational health and safety first.
Integrity, Service & Fun – Develop meaningful relationships built on integrity, exceptional service and communication and have fun doing it.
About This Opportunity
The incumbent will work with our R&D team in the lab. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting in-house lab work, analyses, and testing of various brine samples and chemical products using analytical techniques such as Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP).
- Following established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and testing protocols
- Maintaining an organized workspace
- Assisting the team establish an inventory management process and actively manage inventory
- Assisting the team to create laboratory procedures
- Preparing lab reports
- Operating and maintaining equipment, which includes calibration, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Chemistry or Natural Sciences
- 1 – 3 years prior laboratory experience OR 2+ years relevant laboratory technician experience
- Familiar with lab safety and handling of hazardous materials
- Experience operating an ICP machine
- Experience in preparing analytical reports and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical chemistry experience
- Strong computer comprehension capabilities including Excel and Word
- An individual who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Comfortable standing long hours
- Required Certificates: WHMIS and Hazardous Material Handling
- Knowledge: Assessing brine samples and laboratory experience
- Experience: 1-3 years in brine chemical analysis and testing would be a strong asset
This is a contract position. Contractors are responsible for all taxes associated with their income. Conductive does not withhold income taxes or jurisdictionally required contributions such as EI or CPP. Contractors are required to remit, file, and manage all associated taxes. This contract position may transition to employment with exceptional health, education and stock option compensation for the appropriate candidate Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.